Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"The Table Turns" Part 1

THE TABLE TURNS

Now about the time I got to fifth grade, I was desperate for things to change. My ability to screen the voices had become extremely difficult, and I felt if something didn’t change soon that a lifetime of madness is all that awaited me. To be honest I didn’t really know what to do next, I had explored the prayer option, but to no avail, and if the power of God could not cure me of my madness, then what could?

Well it just so happens, that one day, most unexpectedly, I was walking in my grandparent’s bed room when I heard a voice. This wasn’t a voice that was in my head, but one that was coming from a small radio nearby. The voice was that of a preacher, spreading the gospel, and telling of his own personal battles with demons.

At first I surmised that this was another grown up version of problems, one that dealt with the more normal side of issues in life.

As I continued listening however, it just seemed like more and more he was describing my exact situation. After a few moments, I could not help but believe that this message was meant for me, and that after all my prayers, one had finally reached its destination.

He spoke of voices in his head when he was younger, and how for the longest time, they made his life very similar to how mine had been. At long last I was not alone; there was someone else in the world that had been through something like me. As I continued to listen more, all I could do was wait for an answer of how to rid myself of the voices, and right when I was about to give up, it came.

Although his story didn’t share exact mirror like experiences as mine, it none the less gave me hope with his solution.

He said that prayer was never enough to rid himself of it. He said that the only way he was ever able to force the voices out, to finally dispatch the evils within was his bible. It wasn’t reading in the bible that did it for him, on the contrary it was writing within it’s pages that saved him.

After a long prayer, he wrote in the thin pages of the front of the bible a prayer to Christ. Not one that rid himself of the voices, but of one that made is crystal clear that he and all about him was the property of God. Mind, body and soul, he had to release himself to God, and put it in writing. Now why writing it was important I’m not really sure, but apparently prayer in words isn’t always sufficient.






No comments: