Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"The Beginning"

PROLOGUE

Welcome to the year 1981, the year I was brought into this world. The journey was plain but not entirely uneventful, for what ever reason my arrival was nearly two months early, making me fight to live, a foreshadowing of things to come I suppose. Within time my body eventually stabilized and I was officially here for the long haul, however long that was to be.

I was born to a loving family but not a very stable one. Like all families things are never perfect, and unexpected hardships can sometimes bring about hard decisions. My birth mother, practically a child herself at the age of sixteen, was in no way shape or form ready to be raising a child.

She was the youngest of a family of five, and with no job and no husband, the idea of providing much of a solid environment for me was pretty much out of the question. To my knowledge I lived with her for a while, perhaps a few months, maybe a year, but soon my living situation changed.

My new home and permanent home soon became with my grandparents, of her side of the family. She tended to be very free spirited, and after I was settled in, her spontaneity for not staying in one place to long continued and she moved away for a while.

I found myself in a very loving environment, and that to the best of my knowledge never changed to present day. They provided what I needed, and supplied many of my wants and desires. In a nut shell one could say safely that I was a spoiled little brat in my youngster years. The best parents a child could ask for.

My life was as normal and happy as could be until about 1989, and at that point the word normal left my vocabulary. To be honest, I can’t really remember a whole lot before this time period, but the things I do remember are flashes into a majestic paradise in comparison to times after.

Times were my mind was my own and my only thoughts were of when I could play outside with friends and animals. Where the world was full of all good things and were light always over powered the shadow, even in the darkest of times. There is nothing more precious than an innocent child and his or her view of the world. What a tragedy it is when that innocence leaves us.






No comments: